Have you tried everything to get rid of your acne scars?
Dealing with acne scars can be frustrating and embarrassing.
Many of us are caught in between the dilemma of using expensive, harsh chemicals on our skin or dealing with breakouts every day.
Fortunately, there is a way out that does not involve giving up your favorite desserts and fried foods!
You’ve probably heard of the benefits of coconut oil. It’s an all-natural way to help reduce the appearance of old acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
Coconut oil is a great moisturizer that can also be used as a makeup remover, shaving cream, hair mask, deodorant…the list goes on! You can even use it in cooking!
But did you know that coconut oil has been proven effective at reducing the appearance of dark spots caused by acne?
Read this post for more information about how coconut oil can help clear up your skin and make it look brighter than ever before.
What Is Coconut Oil?
Coconut oil is a plant-based fat that’s high in Medium Chain Fatty Acids, also known as MCTs.
The three primary health benefits of coconut oil are that it can help boost metabolism, support healthy digestion and improve the immune system.
Coconut oil is an amazing, versatile resource that has been used for thousands of years.
It can be used in a variety of ways to promote health and wellness, both inside the body and on the surface of the skin.
Coconut oil is a natural product. It comes from the meat of the coconut and has been used as medicine for years.
A lot of people use it on their skin to keep it moisturized but not many know that you can eat it too!
Eating coconut oil is good for your hair and nails, among other things like staying healthy inside out.
Why Does Coconut Oil Help With Acne Scars?
Coconut oil is not only useful in cooking but also has antimicrobial properties [R].
This means that it can kill germs and bacteria, which makes it a good choice for treating minor wounds or fighting acne.
Coconut oil can act as an antimicrobial agent because it contains lauric acid, which helps control pathogenic microorganisms.
Coconut oil is a natural and effective way to heal acne scars.
Apply coconut oil on the affected area twice a day for best results.
Coconut oil also contains vitamins A, C, D, E, K as well as minerals like iron and zinc that are good for your skin.
Fatty Acids Help To Moisturize The Skin
Coconut oil is a natural moisturizer that can help reduce the appearance of acne scars.
It contains fatty acids like lauric acid, capric acid, and caprylic acid which are known to be effective in reducing inflammation and redness.
Apply coconut oil to your skin, leave it on for an hour or two before washing off.
You may also want to try using coconut oil as a spot treatment by dabbing it onto individual pimples.
If you have dry skin, make sure you use a carrier oil like almond or jojoba with your coconut oil.
Vitamin E And Proteins Help In Cell Growth
Vitamin E and proteins in coconut oil have been shown to improve skin elasticity and smoothness, which may lead to less noticeable scarring.
Vitamin E helps to heal scars faster by boosting collagen production in the skin.
Protein from coconut oil binds with vitamin E to form a protective layer over damaged skin cells.
Apply a thin layer of coconut oil onto your face once or twice per day for best results.
How To Use It
Eating Coconut Oil For Acne
I’ve always had acne since I was younger.
My mom always told me to drink more water and my sister would usually give me a bag of potato chips every time she came back from the store.
Coconut oil has changed my life; it’s gotten rid of all my acne and helped with hair growth as well!
Coconut oil is great for cooking or eating raw by itself.
The best coconut oils are unrefined, but you can also find refined versions which will still work well too.
You will need some patience and persistence with this treatment, so it’s worth giving it a good try if you have tried other treatments without much success.
Applying Coconut Oil For Scars
Coconut oil improves the condition of the skin by reducing wrinkles and acne scars.
Regularly applying coconut oil to your face will help you get rid of those unwanted blemishes.
Here are two of my favorite ways to use coconut oil topically –
1. Apply a small amount of coconut oil to the acne scar.
2. Massage gently for about 10 minutes.
3. Rinse your face with warm water and pat dry.
4. Repeat twice daily.
1. Apply a thin layer of coconut oil to the skin.
2. Wait for it to soak in before applying makeup or sunscreen.
3. Coconut oil can be applied twice daily.
Check out our other acne scars natural remedies.
- If you have sensitive skin or are allergic to nuts, it’s best not to use coconut oil.
- Coconut oil can clog your pores. If you have oily skin, it’s best to avoid it.
- Using coconut oil in itself is not an acne treatment. You have to combine it with other solutions.
- Applying the oil to surgical scars can lead to contact dermatitis.
Best Coconut Oil Products To Try
- COCONUT OIL & SHEA BUTTER CURL CREAM: Marc Anthony Coconut Oil Curl Cream is a sulfate-free curly hair styler that eliminates frizz & tangles & defines curls with perfect hold & humidity resistance.
- EXTRA FRIZZ CONTROL: Formulated with a hydrating blend of Coconut Oil & Shea Butter & infused with Biotin, Curl Cream helps to de-frizz your curly locks & add more moisture to dry, brittle curls.
- INNOVATIVE HAIR CARE: Our products feature ingredients that hydrate, nourish, protect & replenish hair. We're constantly looking for innovative world class ingredients that help define each product.
- SALON CREATED: For over 20 years we've made professional haircare products to give hair what it truly needs with sulfate-free shampoos & conditioners, moisturizers, Argan Oils, Shea Butters & more.
- MARC ANTHONY PRODUCTS: From curly hair & frizz control products to hair thickening products for high volume & hold, we have the right salon quality products to help you care for your hair, your way.
- Baby Coconut Oil - Everyday Moisturizer for Babies and Adults. Helps protect skin naturally!
- Baby Coconut Oil for baby Hair and Skin- Loosen build up and moisturize baby scalp
- Coconut Baby Oil - Made with Organic Cold Pressed Coconut Oil, Sunflower Oil, and Grape Seed Oil
- Baby Coconut oil for Babies Extra Sensitive skin! No chemicals!
- Coconut Baby oil - Soothes and helps Babies skin from becoming red and irritated
- PURE COCONUT OIL AS BASE INGREDIENT FOR HANDMADE & HOMEMADE PRODUCTS | Refined pure coconut oil is a versatile and natural ingredient to help you create beauty and health products. Use it as a base ingredient for making natural hair moisturizer, coconut oil lotion, skin masks, coconut butter, and more. It is also a great carrier oil for essential oils. The Clean and Green Family supports small businesses by supplying high quality ingredients for their high quality products they can trust.
- MOISTURIZE & NOURISH THE WAY IT’S MEANT TO BE | As a natural, safe, and healthy skin food, refined pure coconut oil can also be used directly on hair, face, and body as a multipurpose beauty product. It contains powerful antioxidants that intensely moisturize all skin types. Coconut oil also soothes many skin conditions.
- CLEANER AND WAY BETTER REFINED PURE COCONUT OIL | Through the Greener Technology, our coconut oil is pressed and refined to deliver purer, safer, and cleaner natural pure coconut oil that is better than unrefined products. This process allows our oils to be clear, odorless, and stable.
- STABLE PRODUCT AND LONGER SHELF LIFE BY THE SMART PREMIUM POUCH | The Clean and Green Family proudly introduces the future of responsible packaging that is good for you, the product, and the planet. Our Refined Pure Coconut Oil comes in uniquely designed bags that protect butters and oils from having contact with light, air, and moisture. It is easy to use and store.
- HEALING WITH NATURE | Clean & Green Family was founded through extensive research by Prof. Dr. Vijai K.S. Shukla. The entire product range is made of handpicked raw materials across the globe. This is a perfect base ingredient for DIY cosmetic products, as it is Hexane free, Parabens free, with no synthetic fragrances, and artificial compounds that harm the environment. Help heal nature as well as your body with Clean and Green Family.
- KOPARI COCONUT CLEANSING OIL: Our antioxidant rich coconut oil based face cleanser dissolves impurities, removes makeup, and hydrates skin without stripping skin of its natural moisture or leaving any oily residue.
- DERMATOLOGIST TESTED: Kopari skin care products are dermatologist tested, non-comedogenic, Non-irritating, Non-Allergenic, gentle, soap-free cleanser packed with hydrating antioxidants
- KEY INGREDIENTS: Includes anti-inflammatory green tea oil that helps fight off free radicals while helping to soothe the skin. The gentle antioxidant rice bran oil helps to promote hydration while soothing the skin.
- BOOST SKIN HYDRATION: Use morning and night for clean, balanced, and hydrated skin. Add water and this lightweight oil transforms into a milky emulsion. Safe for all skin types including sensitive skin.
- KOPARI TAKES COCONUT OIL TO THE NEXT LEVEL: We take coconut oil’s many benefits to the next level by incorporating innovative natural ingredients that enhance the performance of traditional coconut oil. We use the right blend of pure ingredients with cutting-edge chemistry to enhance the benefits of coconut oil.
- Gentle, safe, and effective! Our deep cleansing Face and Body Wash works amazingly in keeping your skin clean, soft, and smooth without stripping out your natural oils. Relax, as our hydrating acne body wash deeply hydrates your skin while working its magic in addressing your skin condition. Manuka honey decreases inflammation caused by acne and aloe vera's natural cleansing properties help control and reduce acne.
- pH-balanced formula. To protect your skin's acid mantle, which is vital in retaining your natural oil. It gently washes away dirt without drying your skin.
- Safe and effective. Because we leave the parabens, sulfates, fragrances, and other chemicals out, relying on powerful, pure ingredients from nature instead.
- Protect and restore your youthful glow. Our potent formula helps prevent signs of aging, reduces the appearance of dark spots, acne marks, and more.
- Stop stressing your skin with harsh soap. Start using our gentle, yet, deep cleansing formula which is great even for everyday use.
Coconut oil has many benefits for the skin. It contains lauric acid, which helps to kill acne-causing bacteria and moisturize the skin.
This in turn can reduce acne scarring.
However, be careful about the amount of coconut oil you use on your skin.
If you are allergic to nuts, avoid consuming coconut oil.
Oily skin people should avoid coconut oil altogether as it can clog pores.
Consult with your dermatologist before trying out coconut oil for acne scars. This will prevent any potential side effects.
There are two ways of including coconut oil in your acne skincare regimen. You can consume it or apply it to your face topically.
Did you try using coconut oil on your scars? Did it work? Do not forget to comment below.