If you are a regular reader here at The Curious Millennial, you know how much I love using home remedies. Today I am here with yet another easy sea salt and lemon face scrub recipe that works wonders for oily skin.
A homemade scrub costs nothing compared to the store-bought one. Plus, it is a lot easier to prepare and lasts longer. I can include my very own ingredients that I love and know will benefit my skin type.
There are amazing benefits of using this lemon salt scrub for the face. Lemon brightens up your face. Combined with sea salts, it can give a healthy glow to your otherwise dull skin.
Not only does this lemon salt face scrub help in hydrating the skin, but it also helps in evening out your skin tone, and minimizing enlarged pores. You will feel refreshed and bright as if you just came out of the spa!
You may add essential oils to this recipe. I personally love the smell of lemons, so I don’t add any additional ingredients to this scrub.
Let’s check out the recipe for preparing this refreshing lemon and salt face scrub recipe for oily skin.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt.
- 1 medium-sized container or jar.
- Put 1 1/2 tablespoons of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of sea salt in a container.
- Mix the two ingredients thoroughly to form a scrub.
- Store the scrub in a jar.
How To Use This Sea Salt And Lemon Face Scrub
- Take a small quantity of the lemon salt face scrub on your hands and apply it on your face.
- Gently massage for about 3-4 minutes and wash it off with cold water.
Lemon And Salt Face Scrub Benefits
Lemon juice helps in reducing the marks and blemishes on the skin. Lemon juice is also a great home remedy for oily skin. The acids present in lemon help to absorb excess oil from the face. Lemons also have antibacterial properties, that help to get rid of bacteria causing acne and breakouts.
Sea salt is an excellent exfoliator as it has high mineral content that can help remove excess oil. Moreover, sea salt has numerous other benefits on the skin including moisturizing, revitalizing, and cleansing the skin.
There Ya Go!
A clean and deliciously scented homemade scrub is ready in just a few minutes! Enjoy.
You can store this scrub for a month, as salt is a great preservative.
Don’t use the lemon and salt face scrub recipe for the face if you have any cuts or scrapes, as it’s going to sting badly. It is also better to avoid using the scrub on already inflamed skin, as lemons can cause irritation to the skin with inflammation.
- If you have blackheads, it’s a great idea to change your pillowcase every couple of days. The fabric of your pillowcase can become dirty and it can collect dirt and oils from your skin, which can lead to blackheads. To keep your pillow clean, be sure to wash it frequently.
- You can keep this face scrub in the fridge for a few days, but it’s best to use it up as soon as possible. Refrigerated face scrub will last for several weeks.
Try out these other DIY scrubs for oily skin.
Free Download: How To Get Rid Of Oily Face The Natural Way
Do you want to take care of your oily skin without spending money on expensive products?
Then I’d love to give you a free copy of How To Get Rid Of Oily Face The Natural Way – some of my best natural recipes using ingredients from your kitchen – as a gift for signing up for my newsletter. It includes step-by-step instructions for making your own homemade products for oily skin. Sign up for my newsletter and you’ll be redirected to the download page immediately!
Don’t forget to comment if you liked my lemon and sea salt face scrub recipe and would be trying it soon 🙂