Ladies and gentlemen, I’m back with another DIY beauty hack – potato ice cubes! This time it is for pigmentation and dark circle removal.
You might be wondering how this can work? Well, potatoes are a natural source of potassium which helps to reduce the appearance of dark circles.
They also contain Vitamin C which helps fade pigment spots on your skin. The best part about these ice cubes is that you don’t need any other ingredients or expensive tools!
How Do Potato Ice Cubes Help With Dark Circles And Pigmentation?
Dark circles and pigmentation are common skin problems that can affect anyone at any time, regardless of age or gender.
The cause of dark circles is usually a lack of sleep, but they can also be caused by stress, allergies, or hormonal changes.
Pigmentation is the result of an overproduction of melanin in the skin cells.
Potato ice cubes are made from potatoes that have been frozen for about 24 hours before being cut into small pieces and placed in water to thaw.
When applied to the face as part of a home remedy treatment for dark circles and pigmentation, potato ice cubes help reduce inflammation and swelling while cooling down your face to soothe redness.
Let’s get started.
To know about some other amazing uses of potato for face, click here.
DIY Potato Ice Cubes For Dark Circles And Pigmentation
- Take 2 potatoes and cut them into pieces.
- Add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- Add 2 tablespoons of honey.
- Add all these ingredients to a blender.
- Blend the ingredients together to make a thick paste.
- Pour the mixture into an ice cube tray and freeze it overnight.
- Your potato ice cubes are now ready.
- Take 1 to 2 ice cubes every day.
- Before applying the ice cube directly to your face, do a patch test on the inner side of your wrist.
- Rub 1 or 2 ice cubes directly on your face until it’s all used up.
- Use them on your under-eye area as well, because they are very useful for dark circles.
- Potato ice cubes are very safe to use directly on your face, but in case you are not comfortable, you can cover the ice cubes with a soft/cotton cloth and then apply them to your face.
- Leave it on for 20 minutes.
- Wash it off with cold water.
- Follow it up with any regular moisturizer.
This DIY remedy is great for dark circles, puffy eyes, blemishes, and dark spots. Do make sure to include it in your daily skincare routine.
Please remember that no home remedy can give you instant results. Make sure you use it regularly for the best results.
After reading this blog post you will be able to make ice cubes that are great for dark circles and pigmentation.
I have read several other blogs about how people use potatoes for different things, but none of them mentioned this!
There are a few things I want to mention. First, if you’re going to put a potato in your freezer it needs to be wrapped in plastic wrap or something else that won’t let any moisture through.
Second, after cutting your potato into chunks all you need is an ice cube tray and water then freeze overnight.
Lastly, before using these ice cubes place them in the fridge for at least thirty minutes so they don’t melt as quickly when applied to the skin surface.