This post is a natural and cheap way to get rid of dark spots and pigmentation.
It’s based on the fact that potatoes are rich in vitamin C, which is an important antioxidant for the skin.
Tomatoes also contain high levels of lycopene, another antioxidant that helps fight against free radicals.
The article contains step-by-step instructions on how to make this tomato and potato facial for dark spots and pigmentation!
What Causes Pigmentation And Dark Spots?
The skin’s natural pigments, called melanin, are produced by cells in the epidermis.
When these cells produce too much pigment for the skin to handle, they can be deposited in the form of dark patches on different areas of your body.
If you have a sunburn or other type of injury that causes this excess production and deposition of melanin, you may experience hyperpigmentation (dark spots).
Hyperpigmentation is also caused by acne scars or age spots due to sun exposure over time.
How Does This Facial Help?
Potato and tomato are the two main ingredients of this facial.
Potatoes contain an enzyme called tyrosinase, which is what breaks down the melanin that causes dark spots.
Potato is a nutrient-rich vegetable that helps to fight dark spots and pigmentation. It’s high in vitamin C, which promotes skin cell turnover and collagen production.
The antioxidant properties of the potato help to protect your skin from free radical damage.
Potatoes are also rich in potassium, which helps regulate blood pressure.
Tomatoes are rich in lycopene, which is a natural antioxidant that helps fight free radicals. Lycopene has been shown to help reduce the appearance of dark spots and pigmentation on the skin.
Let’s get started with this DIY Potato And Tomato facial.
Related Read: Potato Juice For Face
Step 1: Cleansing
- Grate 1 tomato and 1 potato using a grater.
- Using a strainer or a cotton cloth, extract the juice of both grated tomato and potato in the same bowl.
- Your cleanser is now ready.
- Wear a facial band to secure your hair.
- Using a cotton ball or a cotton pad, apply this cleanser all over your face and neck.
- Wash your face and neck with clean water.
Step 2: Steaming
This is an important step of the facial. It will help open your pores for the next step. You can use any basic steamer for this purpose.
Step 3: Scrub
- Take 1 tablespoon tomato pulp in a clean bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon grated potato.
- Add 1 tablespoon rice flour.
- Lastly, add your favorite Aloe Vera gel.
- Mix everything well. Your scrub is now ready.
- Start scrubbing your face and neck.
- Wash it off with plain water when done.
Step 4: Toner
You can use any of your favorite toners in this step. Dab it all over your face and remove excess with the help of a cotton pad.
Step 5: Face Pack
- Take about 1 tablespoon of both grated potato and tomato in a clean bowl.
- Add 1 tablespoon of orange peel powder.
- Mix all the ingredients properly to prepare a pack.
- First, start massaging it all over your face and neck.
- You can use the excess pack on your hands as well.
- Rinse off with water.
- Pat dry with a towel.
- Follow it up with a moisturizer.
Potatoes have been used by many cultures for centuries as a cheap and easy way to get rid of dark spots, pigmentation, dry skin, and other problems.
The most popular use is the potato facial which you can do at home with just a few ingredients. All you need is organic potato and tomato juice or puree.
Do try this potato facial remedy and let me know the results 🙂