People with oily skin are always looking for something that makes their skin look a little less greasy at least. It is not just a matter of greasy skin but with oily skin, you are more prone to breakout. Using harsh skincare products may also make you breakout.
For people with oily, acne-prone, and combination skin there is Cetaphil oily skin cleanser which is a great solution for skin problems like acne, blemishes, etc.
Cetaphil is a skincare products’ making brand and it has been there for over 70 years now. This makes Cetaphil one of the few brands that are consistently providing its customers with great quality.
Cetaphil has a simple motto when it comes to skincare products and that is the formula should be gentle, not too greasy but still oily, nurturing, and effective.
The skincare products of Cetaphil are clinically proven to be all of these.
Cetaphil wants its users to have a healthy-looking and soft skin. So much has changed in all these years but one thing that remains is their motto of providing people with an effective, nurturing, and mild treatment with their products.
Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser – An Overview
This is a Cetaphil foaming cleanser that is expert in removing all the dirt, extra oil plus makeup from your skin without making it extra dry. Cetaphil oily skin cleanser allows your skin to get that deeper cleanse without stripping it off.
This gentle formula is specially made for teenagers and adults who have oily skin, combination skin, or skin that is prone to acne.
This mild treatment is perfect for balancing pH and you can use it in the morning as well as in the evening. It is made sure that it is 100% irritant-free, i.e. no residue is left on your skin after you have rinsed off which means no irritation.
All the skincare products of Cetaphil like Cetaphil face wash, Cetaphil daily facial cleanser, Cetaphil oily skin cleanser, etc. have good quality ingredients. The formula of Cetaphil skincare products is mild yet effective, all thanks to its great list of ingredients.
Cetaphil oily skin cleanser ingredients include:
- Aqua (purified water/ EAU purifiee)
- PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate
- PEG-200 hydrogenated glyceryl palmate
- Sodium Lauroyl sarcosinate
- Acrylates steareth-20 MethaCrylate Copolmer
- Sodium laureth sulfate
- Butylenes glycol
- Parfum (masking fragrance/ fragrance masquante
- PEG-60 Hydrogenate castor oil
- Disodium EDTA
Review – Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
Cetaphil oily skin cleanser has a great reputation and I have always heard good things about it. Many people with oily skin swear by it saying it saved their skin from daily breakouts.
Since I have oily skin, my hopes weren’t so high with this product because oily skin is one of the hardest skin types. Hardly any product would suit me.
Does Cetaphil work for oily skin? Yes. When I used Cetaphil oily skin cleanser, the results were exceptional and at the end of the month, I was pretty happy with the results. So, let’s go deeper into Cetaphil oily skin cleanser review:
It is one of the most important things for a product. It doesn’t only protect the material inside but it is also responsible for the first impression. So, my first impression of this product by looking at its packaging was that it is a serious skincare product.
The packing was very simple, just a plain white bottle with a label stuck on it. Their simple packaging showcases their confidence in the quality and results of their product. They don’t have to entice people through its packaging.
How To Use Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser?
There is no exceptional guide for how to use Cetaphil oily skin cleanser. Just like any other cleanser here are its basic steps of usage:
- Wet your hands and squeeze a small quantity of this cleanser onto your palm.
- Rub your palms together to make foam.
- Put this foam on your face and then gently massage it all over your face.
- After you are done rinse your face with water.
- For perfect results apply a moisturizer or serum after this.
Some of the benefits of Cetaphil oily skin cleanser include:
- The product doesn’t clog or block your pores as it is proven to be non-comedogenic.
- It can be used on a daily basis and for best results it should be used twice daily; morning and evening.
- There are no residues left after you rinse it off which means no skin irritations.
- This product helps in maintaining the balance of pH.
- It is a great product for skin types: sensitive, acne-prone, oily, and combination.
The product can be used until 24 months from its manufacturing date.
Now, this is something that you must be aware of before using the product. Just like every other product, Cetaphil oily skin cleanser also has a few side effects which are as follows:
- The product might cause excessive dryness so it is important to moisturize your skin after using it.
- If you have very dry skin then this product might not be for you because it will make your skin even drier.
- It is not recommended for people who have eczema or rosacea.
- If you have never used a cleanser before then this might not be the best option for you to start with.
Now that you know all the benefits and side effects of Cetaphil oily skin cleanser, it is important to take some general precautions before using the product which are as follows:
- Do a patch test before using the product on your entire face.
- If you are allergic to any of its ingredients then do not use the product.
- Stop using the product if you experience any kind of skin irritation.
- Wash your face with normal or cold water after applying the face wash.
- Make sure you have washed your hands with soap and water before applying the cleanser on your face.
- Follow up with a gentle moisturizer.
- Do not overuse the product. Consult with your doctor for the recommended use.
- Store it in a cool, dry place. Avoid refrigerating the cleanser.
The price of Cetaphil oily skin cleanser is less than 20 dollars for 250 ml of the product at the time of writing this review, which makes it an affordable product.
What Are People Saying About It?
“I have very oily and acne-prone skin so I am always on the lookout for products that can help me with my skin problems. I came across this product and decided to give it a try because of its good reviews. And I am glad that I did because this product is amazing. It has helped me control my oil production and has also reduced the frequency of breakouts.” – Fatima, Amazon
“This is one of the best cleansers I have ever used. It doesn’t make my skin dry or stripped after using it. And it also doesn’t irritate my sensitive skin. I would definitely recommend it to people with sensitive and oily skin.” – Sarah, Amazon
“I have been using this product for a few weeks now and I am very pleased with the results. It has helped reduce the oiliness of my skin and has also reduced the frequency of breakouts. I would definitely recommend it to people with oily and acne-prone skin.” – John, Amazon
My Experience With Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser
As I have already said above my skin is oily and this makes it harder for me to find a product that suits my skin type. However, Cetaphil worked well for my skin. I experienced lesser breakouts at first and by the end of the month, I had almost no breakouts.
Along with my breakouts, other skin problems like blemishes and acne scarring have almost gone too.
This product is easily available and at such a lower price, it will make you doubt for a moment that it might not work. However, it is just in our minds, a product doesn’t have to look fancy on the outside and be pricey to actually work. I found out that the formula of Cetaphil oily skin cleanser is great and that is why it did wonders to my skin.
Some of its pros include:
- It is a mild treatment for acne and it gently cleanses your skin from all the trapped dirt and excess oil.
- The formula is non-comedogenic and helps in unclogging the pores.
- The results are rapid. Just in an hour after its usage, you will find your skin cleaner and healthier.
- It prevents breakouts.
- It can also be used by people with sensitive skin.
Some of its cons include:
- The product has a mild smell which is similar to medicines and this may not appeal to some people.
- The foaming is not as much as it should be which makes you use more quantity of this product and so you would run out of it faster.
Will I Recommend It?
I would recommend Cetaphil oily skin cleanser 100% to people with oily and acne-prone skin or people with a skin type similar to mine. As you can see its pros exceed its cons, so you should surely try this product.
I know the struggles of having difficult skin and believe me I have had my share of struggles with finding a good cleanser that would suit my skin. Cetaphil Oily Skin Cleanser is a great product and you should definitely check it out.
Cetaphil oily skin cleanser is a very gentle face wash which is perfect for people with sensitive and acne-prone skin. It doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils and helps in maintaining the pH balance.
The only thing you need to be careful about is that it might cause excessive dryness so make sure you follow up with a good moisturizer. Other than that, it is a great product to add to your skincare routine.